View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica - Blood & Chrome

I watched both parts last night. I liked some of the visual elements, but found the "shaky-cam" style of filming very annoying (still). My biggest gripes are in terms of characterization. A know it all, breaks all the rules, so sure of himself pilot right out of the academy whining about piloting a Raptor grates on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard. Also the co-pilot who can't leave the service soon enough with a drinking problem needs some work. Can't anyone write characters any better than this? It's almost as though someone read a book on screenwriting and how to inject drama and conflict into the story and used everything but the kitchen sink. The actor playing Ens. Adama does a fair job, but somehow doesn't seem right in the role. All that being said, I've got an open mind and I'll stay tuned.

I do have one other thing - I noticed a plug for the SyFy Channel running this in February of 2013. If that's so, then why premiere it on the internet 4 months earlier? If everyone's seen it by then, why bother when you can watch it for free? Have they changed their minds and are going forward with the series or not? Feels like Caprica all over again...

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote