Old January 13th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #43
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: 08: Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon

Problem is we look for "hero's" in the wrong places. There is no such hero that exist's in tv land. That being said i find escapism to be something that I can relate to instead of watching flawed characters that serve no purpose but to remind us just how f'd up our world truly is. Until we find it in ourselves to look for hero's from within then we truly our doomed to begin with.
We're not going to find heroes if we go looking for them but, if we really look hard enough, we'll see that they're all around us. You won't see bright lights or fancy clothes or signs in the front yard. But, you'll see it. They're the common, ordinary kindnesses that people do for each other. I've often thought this and it was nice to see it echoed elsewhere:

Seeing this conversation about heroes, immediately brought to mind a conversation between Galadriel and Gandalf, in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. When Galadriel asked Gandalf, "why the half-ling?", his response was --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? That's because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote