View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #10
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

I would love to see a remastering of the original series, with the effects redone, but still keeping the look and style of the 1978 production abilities. If we suddenly go to effects that look like something from today that will really stand out against the feel of the entire production. I think the remastered TOS Trek did a good job of keeping the effects looking like they fit with the time period of the series production. If it became too slick it would not fit with the rest of the look of the series. At least in my opinion.

The edits I put together were for fun and hopefully show some idea of what could be done, but they are far from the professional approach that could be taken. A skilled FX facility and the time to focus on the project could do wonders.

I have to state as well that the MAC does not matter over a PC (or vice-versa) in any way what so ever in these sort of things. The software and mainly the artist are what brings the quality.

Back on the subject... if a movie does come about, and makes tons of $$$$, then maybe Universal would look at a remastering of the original series. Time will tell.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote