View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:02 PM   #77
Jubal
Warrior

Default Re: G80-06:The Return of Starbuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125 View Post
Small titbit of trivia for you that I have noticed. The voice of Cy is the same as the voice of Karr, the evil version of Kitt in KnightRider.
That is too cool. Thought I recognized that voice. You know I have figured that a fun fan fiction would be to do a crossover between "The Night the Cylons Landed" and Knight Rider. Basically KARR was evil because he was the Cylon personality saved from the wreckage and then added to a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmiloman View Post
I don't remember if Myself or anyone else has brought this up, but a really good G:1980/A-Team parody would be if the ship of lights arrived to rescue Starbuck. Starbuck is taken to Earth circa 1972 and given the ID of Templeton "Faceman" Peck. That would give new meaning to the A-Team's opening credits montage where you see the centurion walking past Dirk/"Face".
LIKING IT! Now with that in mind I will watch more A-Team. Hmmm... take some A-Team footage, added to Dylan and Troy footage... and now Starbuck is a colonial warrior in regular clothes. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Funny that G80 motorbikes get the whole "can't stand them cliche" these days looking back, when originally, they were made for the unfilmed BG episode 'Showdown'!
Showdown? Any copies of that script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athene View Post
I really like that episode.
It's one of my favourite G80 episodes.
I confess I like Galactica 1980
*I think I might have said that already...*
I also feel it ended well...
Has anyone else seen the fan edited version where Starbuck returns to the fleet?
I've got that saved on my computer.
There is no doubt in my mind that Starbuck hopped aboard the Cylon ship and flew back. If two pilots were needed I'm sure he rebuilt one Cylon to help him pilot it.

Cy was a wash. His personality board was shot. Or was it?

Hmmm... Cy as a regular part of the show when they got back to the fleet would have been cool. Like Worf as a Klingon on Star Trek Next Gen.

As for liking G80... yeh I like it too.

Ummm new thoughts on this episode? It was a REALLY good episode. If Galactica had to fold, I'm glad it went out this way.

Canon? Easily. Great story. With Z? Maybe, but probably best not.

Was Apollo dead at the point where Starbuck was talking to Boomer? Well, I just thought he wanted to get his love off the ladies in his life and was short on time.

Otherwise he would have been like "Give my love to Cassie, Athena, Mary... and goodbyes to Apollo, Bojay, and please pay my pyramid tab to Jolly for me ok? And let's not forget Boxey...."

Yeh, he was kinda short of time. :P

All and all, great story, and I think Starbuck would be hard pressed to actually STARVE TO DEATH with all those new Cylon parts and a fully functional raider less than a football field away.

What I actually think is, he was just stunned. Had a long day, sending the woman off to safety, loosing Cy, and it was getting to be nightfall. What Starbuck probably did was call it a night, and the next day he got up and evaluated what to do next.

But really probably sitting on the rock just soaking in the events of the day.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote