View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #7
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Buck Rogers 25th Century youtube video

My own view on releasing models is "I cannot control what people do with them" kind of thing. I have seen some of my models in art work around the web and no credits given (or) even on the wrong credit which can happen and that fair enough.

(most of my models are not my designs, I am only copying another persons work in most cases)

when I can, I inform the person "depending of the location/forum/site" that this looks like mine and I would like credit or fix the error.

my view is, that I am a part in a creative process, providing one of the tools to tell a story, that's up to the artist. like a painter using a paint brush etc.

Some people are wonderful and do what is asked, give credit, like the chap who spent "heavens" knows how may hours working on the animations above.

I am not an animator and I rarely do art, so like I say, my work is a small part of the finished process of the artist. even though I may have spent months building the models and take the artist a few hours to produce the image..

But I have found people who don't give credits,

so I no longer release my meshes, unless I know them or someone I know recommends them.

sorry for the long winded response, but there you are.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote