View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #16
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Default I respectfully disagree;

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcglider
The only reason I can come up with that the Borg would bother at all with the fleet is to replenish their "life-stock". The Borg don't just assimilate any old race that happens along. They assimilate unique technologies... technologies that are useful to the Borg. The fleet is nothing but a bunch of floating tin cans full of bio-mass. They don't even posess transporter technology. Heck, they run their ships on what amounts to advanced chemical rockets!

I don't think the Fleet would even warrant a second scan from the Borg.

Now, the Ship Of Lights on the other hand...

-G
I don't know spcglider;

Reasons to technologically investigate the Alligator;

1. artificial gravity.
2. tylium energizers-that alone is sufficient to want to gut the 'gator'. What kind of power source can boost a stick iron rocket to 1/10th c?
3. turbolasers? What kind of particle beams do the Colonials use? Would it be useful to a retarded Berman Drek(TM) species still equiped with "cutting" beams and NDF "phasers"?
4. Solonite. Whatever that was; it was powerful enough to burst a world asunder by simply catching fire. The Colonials know how to mine and use it safely. It is their explosive of choice.
5. And there is the Cylon side of the equation.
a. Centurions are smarter than Borg drones-not by much, but they are an ayeye worth investigating.
b. The Ravishol pulse cannon is probably superior to any phaser I've seen.
c. The Cylons have some kind of propulsion system that compares favorably with whatever the Borg use.
d. Both the Cylons and the Colonials have superior ranged fire control systems to any Berman Drek(TM) technology I've seen.
e. and there is the Viper and Raider technology to consider.

There is enough superior technology there for the Borg to want to investigate the R/T fleet and their pursuers.

As always;
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote