Thread: Bsg A10
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2002, 07:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevew
Thanks Rust. I would be honored if you would like to name it
Steve
Well,

I am honored that you would even consider my opinion! Glad to know my two cents are at least worth two cents to somebody on the board.

Anyway, since so much of the BSG universe -- both in visual style and language -- seems to be inspired by Egyptian mythology (or the Greek translations of Egyptian words), I'd have to suggest something along those lines ... at least superficially.

My first suggestion would be the Egyptian God of War, Ophois, also known as "The Opener of Ways." Ophois is the Greek translation of the original Egypian name Wepwawet, but Ophois sounds cooler. Ophois is also often represented by the Jackal, and your design kind of reminded me of a Jackal... at least in the "head" section.

I also just finished reading Anne Rice's "Queen of the Damned" (the book is MUCH better than the movie, FYI), so I'm also kind of partial to the name Akasha. Since she's sexy and kicks but in the book (and this ship is sexy and looks like it kicks butt), Akasha makes sense.

So, my recommendation would be to either name it Ophois or Akasha. I'll leave it up to your descression, but I'm leaning a little more toward calling it the Ophois Class.

Thanks for at least considering my rant,