View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2003, 09:09 PM   #4
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default The Best of the Galactica Series

Hello,
Saw this forum and thought that I'd give my opinion on the best of the Galactica episodes.
Many of the writers for Galactica were not science fiction writers, so they did their best to use their imaginations. I get a kick out of The Lost Warrior... love the shoot out scene... but episodes like that were not the best of the best. I'm certain that most fan will agree that the best of the episodes were the longer episodes like The Planet of the Gods, War of the Gods, Gun on Ice Planet Zero, and Hand of God. These were superior scripts and well put together. My personal favorite is War of the Gods. Mythos runs rampet in this episode as the good - Apollo - challenges the bad - Iblis. I found the philosophy facinating and the appearance of the Ship of Lights was grand! If anyone reads Richard Hatch's books, he also mentions the Ship of Lights and explores its origins.
The Hand of God was another one of my favorite episodes. This show is like a "missing link" as it links us with these humans from another galaxy who come in search of Earth. Seeing NASA's Apollo mission tape playing at the end sent chills through me the first time I saw that episode so long ago. It brings up the question: are we arrogant enough to believe that we are the only ones "out there" in the universe with a higher order of thinking?
Glen Larson did not make wise choices for his creation, but he did lend it a legacy, he gave it a place to belong. Though these people were from so far away, we could feel their pain and hunger to be save and away from harm long enough to find brothers... alies that would take them in and welcome them after their hardships. Who better than those who have known war, pain, hunger, and hollocaust.
Bravo to the writers of these episodes! Of course, there are a few more that deserve our attention.... like Murder on the Raising Star and a few more.
So, let's talk. Which episodes were your favorites or least favorites?
Galactican Pride!
Legend
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote