View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2004, 08:42 AM   #77
BRG
Warrior

Lightbulb Thanks guys!

Senmut , once again you make excellent points. Thanks for clearing up some points I was not sure about!

About the fighters not launching, yes I competely agree. The other Battlestar's would probably only have a handfull of fighters & pilots ready to launch( I assume there is always a patrol fueled & armed with pilots on standby) while the Galactica was running a full scale battle 'drill' with all crews & fighters ready for launch. Also it is safe to assume that the first target of the Cylon raiders would have been the launch bays on all Battlestars, there for apart from the few on stand by, no other vipers would get int the air.( I also assume the Vipers from Galactica's first priority was to protect there own baseship)
It's funny how obvious it all seems after someone has pointed the obvious out too you! And as I said, I always assumed the Cylons used bombs, but I guess the budget for the show could not streach to a planatery bombardment, so had to make do with straifing runs.

Shiningstar Thanks for your comment! I have since watched the bonus disc, and have seen the alternate take on that scene.(Maybe I should have watched this before writing my original comment! )
It has been many years since I last saw the TV movie vesion of Battlestar Galactica(it was a popular Sunday afternoon film for TV stations when I was a lad!) And I had never seen the full 3 part TV series version. I just assumed they were both the same with some scenes trimmed to get the movie version down to two hours. So the fact that they had comletely different takes on that cene caused my confusion!
And I couldn't agree more with you on Colicos, a brilliant actor! His performance as Kor, the original Klingon in Star Trek is a delight to behold! He single handedly turned the Klingons from a villian of the week race into the greatest of Star Trek aliens for the last 40 years! And I would still rate Kor as one of the top 5 villians from any Star Trek episode.
I even caught a Colicos guest apperance in 'Charlies Angels' on daytime TV a few weeks ago! Although it's not my favourite show, I still watched it because he was the bad guy!
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote