Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Cool I'm back

Returning after being plagued by a Windows problem called "Side-By-Side Configuration". (something i suggest people google up cos its a Pain-in-the-you-know-what?)

More of a "bug" than a virus, but it kept me out of action on here for week or so folks. got it simply cos i was getting my usual Windows Updates and received this royal pain. basically had to reboot my system via windows vista disc i.e. update by putting my operating system back. Backed up a few files and programs, videos etc by saving my stuff to another Hard Drive, although that in itself was more or less a copy and paste job cos i was rushed and didn't check a few things out properly.

So getting my old saved files is taking time, as i need something that reads my old "dll folder" of content from my old 'C' drive that i coped over than backed up etc.

*sigh* long story short. Got this bug, ran inot problems, couldn't post on Cf for over a week. Back now cos i took my sweet time saving stuff to other drives. But back now, even though my desktop says keep at it cos its pretty bare at the moment.

Hey, backed up my BG content of course though!

All those years of saving and backing important BG files posts and whatnot. goes without saying.

Anywho..., if anybody's got any advice about surviving Side-By-Side Configuration from microsoft's legacy of cockups, i'm all ears. Right now i'm in the process of rebuilding so could so with some support verbal wise ya know.

Did lose my *Bookmarked* folders, so i've gotta rebuild my 'favorites folders' too. But don't worry, CF was near the top of the list along with my other favorite websites too.

KJ