View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #12
Aries
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi Aries,

I might be able to offer some help if you like. I have lots of C/C++ experience in games (both PC and console). At first I thought it was 3D, (which I've done but it's a bit hard for me), but since it's 2D that's no problem at all. I also have done music for video games (in fact I still have some tunes I never used). Haven't used Allegro, but am sure I could pick it up quickly enough. Can't help in the art area, unless you want shapeless blobs chasing each other .

Only thing is I got a ton of stuff to do at the moment, (piles next to my desk in fact), so if you are interested I can help a bit down the road, if that's okay.

Looks like you've already got a great start!
Cheers!
Muffit

I just started out learning openGL so it's a bit a too big step to make a 3D game..
If I ever make a 3D bsg game it 'll be a 1st person shooter.. ( a flight sim already exists..)
But you'll neet a lot of art work for a 3D game ..

if you want to help ..
I use DEV-C++ ( couse it's free) and Allegro 4.0 for development..
if you can't find them I could try to send them to you .. it's not that big..
what can you do .. well..

you could..:

look at my code.. and see if I did something stupid..
work on a level editor..
Improve the collision detection .. but beware if you go pixel checking .. the sprites rotate !!!

depending on how much time you have...

I wat thinking of a level editor like the one used for the first Xwing game..
you can place ships in a map.. and tell them how to behave and/or what path to fly.. and objectives to reach..

mail; me if you want.. Ariesnl@yahoo.com
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote