View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #99
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

If its alright to respond then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador
Well my thoughts regarding this are that a Blue-ray release of the Original BSG would include the original, untouched versions of the show*.

But would also include a remastered version... Cleaned up, color corrected, with a few (not a lot), but a few dynamic scenes added. Especially the battle scenes with Vipers and Raiders*.

I watched an interview with Larson once and he at the time wished more could have been added, but due to budget and time constraints (getting a weekly show created) caused them to rush a few things. Hence the reuse of those awesome special effects. Over and over again. Many of them only lasting but a few seconds... I remember the actors discussing how they would have to carefully speak their dialog, because they only had a few seconds before the EFX scene in background would run out.

I too love the original shots, models, and external scenes... "I do know" that if Larson was able to do what he really wanted, the scenes would have been much more dynamic.

I just would love to see the show cleaned up to it's original state. The most effecient way would be digitally.

I agree that I wouldn't want to go overboard with new efx or scenes...

So with you on these shared thoughts*! But i won't reiterate them yet again ad nauseam for the sake of going around in circles etc.

Think thats been made quite clear more than enough. Whats bugging us is that we're aren't moving forward from that statement from the opposing-side, think our thoughts on the matter required something like an 'outline' and have each restoration idea and concept examined as a flowchart of certain elements that needs addressing as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
This is the last observation I am going to make on this and its something that Eric and like minded members are thinking

it is this

with all due respect to your position

1. do you think future generations will accept BSG in it current condition as a going concern and completely watch-able show in say another 10 years time.
and who knows where technology will be then.

2. and given that younger viewers are bombarded with more modern visuals effect films and tv shows.

and lets be honest most modern films / tv are filmed around special effects now and the characters are secondary importance.

you watch them and forget them ..... BSG has survived because the story and the Characters are interesting and fun and Entertaining!!!!!

Exactly what needs to be necessitated quite soon if what we're fearing in terms of the negatives being in a poor state after so long. I look forward to and certainly wish, somebody who was involved with the production comes up; ala 'Steve Sansweet' does for Lucasfilm and says much more footage was filmed but wasn't aired etc. Or that the process of restoring such elements for Battlestar Galactica is possible and it isn't too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
to ensure a commercial future for the classic Galactica something should be done .. that is my thinking
YES THANK THE LORDS!! we're on the same page!

Er... we're not putting words in each others mouths but i'm just excited in how Taranis phrased all that is all!

Akin to Star Trek Remastered that what truly needs to come about and happen for the Battlestar Galactica fanbase. Heck that why i think so many fan projects exist on the net, because they chance all that legal mumbo-jumbo and try doing so themselves!

So here are some examples we could learn from in terms of how the comparison would be if the Blu-Ray offering gave us the Original & Remastered version on a disc. Shot by shot and minor changes that doesn't alter the story one bit, but definitely give a different perspective of the same action taking place.

Side By Side Comparison of Star Trek Errand Of Mercy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VOM...eature=related

Star Trek Side By Side Comparison of A Piece Of The Action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=camqh...eature=related

Tribbles BAR FIGHT Side-by-Side Comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6KGO...eature=related

COMPARISON-The Tholian Web

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l44X...eature=related

Further examples to come? Not all Trek related ones neither

KJ