View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #98
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Well my thoughts regarding this are that a Blue-ray release of the Original BSG would include the original, untouched versions of the show.

But would also include a remastered version... Cleaned up, color corrected, with a few (not a lot), but a few dynamic scenes added. Especially the battle scenes with Vipers and Raiders.

I watched an interview with Larson once and he at the time wished more could have been added, but due to budget and time constraints (getting a weekly show created) caused them to rush a few things. Hence the reuse of those awesome special effects. Over and over again. Many of them only lasting but a few seconds... I remember the actors discussing how they would have to carefully speak their dialog, because they only had a few seconds before the EFX scene in background would run out.

I too love the original shots, models, and external scenes... "I do know" that if Larson was able to do what he really wanted, the scenes would have been much more dynamic.

I just would love to see the show cleaned up to it's original state. The most effecient way would be digitally.

I agree that I wouldn't want to go overboard with new efx or scenes...

But the benefit would be to have both, the original untouched and remastered on a blue-ray edition.

Bottom line is that you don't have to watch it if you don't like it.

First I don´t know even if I said hi to you Matador..or even welcomed you aboard .. so I will do it now ............."Hi and Welcome aboard"

I agree with you on this .... it would be better to have it than not to have it
I personally done believe it will come from the studios as they lack the vision for BSG anyway ..... I read the same thing years ago about Larson wish to have had time to have more effects done

but they where always fighting time .. the enemy for all TV and to a lesser extent films....

it is my thinking that this has not dawned on Larson himself or perhaps it has.. I don´t know .. hell he even may have approached the studios with the idea after seen star wars and the studio said sod off ......

to ensure a commercial future for the classic Galactica something should be done .. that is my thinking .

time will tell

but by then it will perhaps be to late to do anything as KJ mentioned film stock does not last even Lucas had some difficulties.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote