View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #3
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Don't mistake Galactica 1980 for Battlestar Galactica, Dan.

What you saw was the end of "The Night the Cylons Landed", if I'm not mistaken - guest starring Wolfman Jack - of G80. G80 ended with the episode "The Return of Starbuck", which recounts what happened to Starbuck - and is considered by most to be the only episode of G80 worth discussing (although there are those who would disagree).

BSG ended with the episode "Hand of God", widely considered one of the best episodes of the series.

Unfortunately, the series never did reach a satisfactory conclusion, which is why the effort is on for a movie about what happened to all our favorite characters - Apollo, Starbuck, Cassiopeia, etc. Check out www.colonialfanforce.org for that.

And for a fairly comprehensive history of Battlestar Galactica, go to the Cylon Alliance - www.cylon.org - and start reading under the "Sci-Fi on TV" section.

Or talk to any one of the old-timers here. They'll set you straight!

Oh - and Welcome to the Colonial Fleets, Dan.

I am
Dawg

Just Look at What They Were Able to do With Star Trek (Kirk's Area)... They Had the Book Star Trek The Lost Years... it Gave a Fairly Detailed Recount of What All Had Happened Between The Enterprise Returning from her Original 5 Year Mission... and Star Trek The Motion Picture.

Now, Dawg...( ) I Sometimes Find Myself Refering to G-1980 as Galactia: The Bad Years .. :

Looking Back on that Ill Fated "Attempt" at a Continuation of the Orginal Galactia, Man I Find its Rather a Very Watered Down Version. Imagine That...

The Return Of Starbuck is Basically the Only Episode I Will Give My Personal Nod of Galactia Approval.

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Missions