View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:33 PM   #335
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Poor Rowan, I know what I would do but I am not you, so I will keep quiet.

Back when I was living in Boston I went through four roommates, each one progressively sloppier and more hygienically challenged. The last one had an odor exuding from his room that was so vile I had to hold my nose to walk past it, which was a real pain as I had to go past it to get to the shared kitchen and bathroom. He cleaned the bathroom once in the three years that he lived there and believed that seeing how high you could pile garbage on top of a trash can was a competitive sport.

So, even if I won't offer advice, maybe my tale will help you feel better? It's the reason I've lived alone for the last 2 and 1/2 years and been perfectly happy!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote