View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #43
Bijou88

I agree. I remember when the first Max Press issue came out. It was like a dream. There had not been any Galatica product out for about a decade. I was dying for anything new. While I was not crazy about the art work and the reimagined (I hate that word) designs, I was willing to roll with it because it was a continuation of the original storyline. I bought them all. I did like some things that this series added to the Galactica mythos. For example, the beings of light were named the Seraphs. I always thought it was a fitting name.

The Marvel tales were products of their time. My understanding was that Universal licenced only Saga of a star world and lost planet of the gods to Marvel. Everything that followed in the series was off limits. For Marvel to use Cain, Count Iblis, etc would have required Marvel to renegotioate the contract and pay Universal more money for the rights. I was really bummed out when this series was cancelled. It was like having the show cancelled all over again.

The Realm press books looked great. The ships and costumes were dead on. The Problem with Realm was that they were too ambitious. They never seemed to finish a story befor they started a new series. There are like three stories that have never been resolved because the company went out of business.

Oh well, maybe some day there will be new classic Galactica on the stands again.