View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #12
RGrant
Shuttle Pilot

I like the second tirade better. TV stinks because of a loss of creative talent and the dumbing down of civilization on a global scale. I understand this. I even agree with it.

After all the insults hurled at Galactica and the people who enjoy it, I don't think "long-winded" was a very cruel or exaggerated comeback, do you? "Squeezed through Star Wars' schincter," "not even so-so TV," "puerile," "putrid," "written off by all oxygen-breathing species"...those were insults. "Long-winded?" That's nothing.

As for this:

"My point about what constitutes a story and how today's profit and demographically driven media has caused television (which already was in toilet) to go down even further was the issue I expressed in my letter.

The fact that a few fans considered what I wrote long winded and pointless(there was a point in the letter and someone actually did in fact "get it"), proves my point conclusively."

You have to realize that I haven't read a book since "The Hardy Boys Meet Dracula at Pirate's Cove," and the longest things I've ever read are my horoscope and the comics. I don't like to brag, but experts theorize that I'm responsible for 14% of all global dumbing down. !6% on weekends.
RGrant is offline   Reply With Quote