View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2004, 07:35 AM   #22
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Good words, shiningstar.

Oh, the more I think about the movie: the Sanhedrin of the day were really just trying to preserve their political power and safeguard what they perceived as their people's purity of their faith, while they as a nation were occupied by a monarchy that made the monarch a god to be worshipped. If Jesus wasn't who he said he was (and he wasn't the only 1st century Jew to have followers claiming he was messiah--oppression will bring those types out in a people) then his "I AM" statements would have been blasphemy as they identified him as claiming to be God.

Anyway, I see it as God had a plan and they had a role. A huge role full of faithful believers, going back to Abraham that laid the groundwork for their to be an understanding of what sin was, what price had to be paid to eliminate it, and how much God was willing to go through to have a relationship with the people he created.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote