View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou88
I think you will agree that they truely botched this release in a big way. Still sitting unwraped on the shelf you say? Yeah, I've got a big DVD backlog too. I keep buying them but I have less and less time to actualy sit down and watch them.
I dunno....

I like Season 3 as the Robinsons spent more time in space and landed on many planets as opposed to Season 2 where they were in flight for the first 3 eps only to crash land and stay marooned all season long.

I watched the entire set and didn't notice anything with the focus or visual quality while doing so. One thing about DVD players and the TV you're watching them on, they're all different from one viewer to another, so the problem may not be the DVD itself, it might be the equipment you're watching it on.

As far as the source material itself, we don't know what 20th Century Fox had to work with to master the DVDs. They're only going to put so much effort into mastering a TV show versus a major motion picture.

All in all, I'm pleased with the DVDs. I still need to get the second half of Season 2 though - it was the hardest part of the entire series for me to watch - it was pretty much all about Doctor Smith, Will & the Robot and I don't know if I wanted to pay 50-50 bucks to relive it all. Maybe I'll see if I can score a set on eBay for a lower price.

Later,

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote