View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #165
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

I was goin to comment on the best format a film could make. But then I started reading a lot of the comments here.

It's true. We got burned. We got burned bad. And people enjoyed watching us get burned.

Okay so what next? Do we sit back and watch what happens or go one more round? And if you go one more round what guarantee do you have of winning?

In boxing if you make it to the fifteenth round you consider yourself lucky you made it that long. But there is still no guaraneee that you'll win the fight. You won't be performing at your best and the chances are higher that you'll lose more often than not. But still you keep going until you can't go anymore.

Will I go one more round? I think I still have some fight in me. But even I am not up to par. I might be able to make one last shot, but after that I'd probably be done.

That being said I want to bring up something I remember from the 'Milton' days. It was where there was a proposal about turning Moore's script into a prequel. Reactions I saw was that 'at least the original continuity would be preserved'. The fans I saw accepted this and thought it was the best that could be done. Of course we know what a joke that was.

Still we were willing to bargain and negotiate, as far as I had seen. The one point we agreed on was that the original be preserved and discarded. Universal and Moore were not willing to give on this one simple thing. Even when other proposals were brought forth like sidestory and distant continuation.

I will admit a continuation with as much of the original cast would 'no longer be practical'. If we get Boxey recast as an older man we should count ourselves lucky. Especially if it goes the distant continuation route. Should it go.

Currently I'm working on a blog article that chronicles the Galactica journey through my eyes. It's a bit away form being completed. But once it is done I'll post it. Then I'll work on other projects I have in the cue. One of them being researching my fan novel proposal.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote