View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:19 AM   #160
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStarFyre View Post
Question #1

Would you, if the chance arose, AND if indeed Larson is trying to market his concept, be willing, ala the BSG-TSC trailer, to work for/with him to produce something similar? Even if there was no guarantee that it would be successful, or that even if it was that you might not be involved in the actual production?
Yes, I'd break out the old models and build new ones for this, ... not because I think it would go anywhere but because it would be a team effort with some folks I enjoy working with under the umbrella that I know something would eventually get produced. I'd ensure that there really was money and resources behind the effort before I'd raise my hand. My focus would be contributing to the overall community.

However, lacking something without that grand of a vision and oversight, I'd have to stay on the sidelines.

[quote]Question #2

Quote:
Knowing full well that whatever efforts we make now mostly likely will have little if any real results (ie securing the BSG we really want) What are you ready to do to fight for it? Whether that be writing letters, gather intel, Whatever?
Respectfully, this is the point of my message.

I don't want to FIGHT for anything. The situation is what it is. If six years of experience playing this game hasn't taught everyone something I don't know what to say. There's a word that represents doing the same thing over and over the same way and expecting a different result.

If GINO/Caprica is to be the way of the future then so be it. I'll find whatever fragments of positives I can in that mess, ... or ignore it entirely if that seems the better option. If Larson comes through, then so be it as well. I'll see the movie, ... might even get involved in rallying for it if better details come down the pipe.

I'll continue to politely correct people who slander Fleets and folks I think have acted honorably. I am more mellow these days and don't intend to tangle with the likes of Ted and any various Teddish clones. Every post spent labeling someone like that an assclown is a couple pages on a script or e-mail to a friend.

As I said earlier, there will come a time when everyone needs to REALLY accept that GINO is the way things have gone and will likely continue to go. That doesn't mean intellectually recognizing that Ron Moore created a show called Battlestar Galactica and we identify that it sells on Amazon. It means emotionally accepting that this is how things are.

It also means recognizing that there are slices of fans who will always spit on the likes of us.

... and it also means that we collectively should get into a place where that doesn't in any way affect how we view ourselves and the old series.

Personally, I'd rather see that time come sooner rather than later. I think it would be far better for all of us. I agree with John. Protesting in any means isn't a viable path for our future as a fanbase ... at least as I envision it.

Russell