View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #159
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

I've made some of the coolest and best friends of my life on this web site and through Galactica fandom. Heck I got to go on a cruise with a few of you! The sense of community always astounds me. Its a very tight knit group. It makes me want to meet more and more of you in person one day. None of this rides on a movie being made. Sure it would be awesome, but it won't change anything.

That being said on to the hypothetical questions!

I'd be willing to fight just to represent Galactica. Heck, I'd make coffee on a second coming style trailer just for the sake of doing it. It is frustrating not to get results, but for me never so much that the effort wasn't worth it. Its like playing my favorite game. Even if I lose...I still got to play my favorite game with some friends.

For example...lets say a bunch of us got together to promote or represent Galactica at a con. We work the booth pass out flyers or whatever. The goal is to spread the word. However the joy of it is hanging out with fellow Galactica fans and representing the show. Don't get me wrong, it would be a lot of work as some of you know better than I.

I do hope this movie happens. I will be dissapointed if we all get kicked in the crotch. However we'll all help each other back up like we always do. I guess I look at Star Wars fans and see how they are out in force promoting, celebrating, and generally putting a face on Star Wars fandom without the need to push for anything. That sort of fandom is what I wish for all of us just because there is a lot of fun and joy in it. People take notice of that sort of thing.

The "suits" know that we Battlestar fans have a lot of fight in us. My Uncle Peter worked at Fox all the way up until 2004 and dealt a lot with the Battlestar stuff. He made a comment to me at Christmas one year when I was really on him about it. "You guys never give up do you?"

I politely told him "no" even after he assured me it was never going to happen. Between Battlestar and Firefly its all I can do not to give him major grief around the holidays.

I guess part of my love of Battlestar fandom is the underdog fight.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote