View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM   #31
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
No one hotter than mister DeSanto.
Agreed!

Although, does he have another credit on the 'Transformers 2' sequel, as i've heard he's got other projects on his plate (Teen Titans DTV DVD/Blu-Ray), and the sequel will no doubt rake in more dollars, regardly of Michael Bay's very questionable directing skills and stupid comical bits. DeSanto getting another credit on TF2 for example would only enhance his firepower getting a multi-million dollar BSG movie (of the 1978 original) made for real, once TF2 makes even more money this summer!

I agree with Titon, less re-imaginning and far more scope of the original series themes, along with today's technological advances in making big budget movies for $100 and $150 million dollars.

Making a Galactica movie with CGI and all the 21st century digital computer applications would be sweet, also if you include the lure of big budget Sci-Fi movie being show on the IMAX format or digital 3D screens. Done right, the 1978 series with its themes translated for the big screen in the 21st century is a no-brainer.

Why hollywood and its producers never capitised on this when many TV shows are given this treatment (even the questionable ones) today, constantly suprises me.

KJ