View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #19
MAD
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica 31st Anniversary Gift for all TOS ries fans still out there

Oh, it took a while to type out, but the Alan Levi interview is now completely up on the website. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading his stories about him directing the pilot and The Gun on Ice Planet Zero and what more.

As for new interviews, I recently talked to:

John Shourt: See post above (Mike talked to him for over an hour)

Phil Tippett: See Ovion clay model on our website. He also worked on the Cantina scene on Star Wars and he animated the Imperial Walkers. He also did the dinosaurs on Jurassic Park with Dennis Muren (talked to him for about one hour)

David Stipes: He filmed the matte paintings and worked at Universal Hartland (also on Galactica 1980/Buck Rogers) plus he was the SFX supervisor on Star Trek TNG, DS9, Voyager and what more for many years. (very long, two hour interview)

Jack Gill: One of the stunt guys who was in the Cylon Centurion costume. he also stunt doubled for Dirk Benedict in TOS and Barry van Dyke in G1980 (talked to him for an hour)

Marneen Fields: Stunt woman on the series. She was one of the female warriors and also stunt doubled for Jane Seymour, Maren Jensen and Brett Somers (talked to her for like 45 minutes)

And we have many, many more coming up or set up already. If anyone here would like to help type out this stuff, so we can put it up for all to read, please contact me. We can only do so much. One hour of audio takes 10+ hours to type out (for me and Mike). It takes us almost two weeks to type out one interview in our spare time. If anyone likes to volunteer to type out just one single interview, it would already help.

(FYI: we tried putting up just the audio, but found the interviews were visited by like 75% less people in comparisson to a typed out interview; people still like to read and skip parts, I guess)
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote