Raymar3d
Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDDigital Artist
BG: The Second Coming
Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003

Default Re: One of our own is gone

.... I opened my email this evening and was catching up on stuff and saw this terrible news....

I knew Steve mostly from the forums as a very cordial, uplifting and enthusiastic artist. He had a passion for his work but also for making the world a better place. Michael's story reminds me of the time that Steve came over to my house when I used to live just a few miles away. He came over to the house one day and I showed him the Battlestar Trailer we had worked on years ago, and he smiled. He had come over to see if he could help with The Great War of Magellan. By that time, I was about to move back to Austin, and we had sort of wrapped as far as my involvement was going. We had a nice afternoon talking war stories and BSG and stuff. He was just all around a very nice guy, and I'm very honored to have met him.

I wish I could attend the memorial. But I just started a brand new job and there is no way I could make it at this point. But I will be there in spirit, and I truly will miss Steve. He was a gentleman, and his talent and friendship will be missed.

I am sorry I have not spent more time here at CF like I used to, but I sort of moved on from Battlestar. As much as I still love it, life goes on. But I think that now I will make a greater effort to return here more often. I really do miss the old days, and I will miss Steve very much.

I too am on Facebook, Kenneth Thomson Jr. in Austin, Texas. Feel free to drop by and chat any time. I only recently got on it and it has been very nice to reconnect with a lot of old friends. Now I wish I had come back here sooner.

Sincerely,

Ken
Raymar3d is offline   Reply With Quote