View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #11
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Guess i should've pointed out my opinion better, but i mean that Macs are a favorite tool in the film industry by production/FX suits etc. Not that PC's are ignored mind you. But i did touch on the software part by stating/saying new tech, etc!

And of course it comes down to the talent behind it all.

But i figured, when the BSG film in current production for real (which is miles/years off). Universal could save a lot of necessary time by undertaking such a venture, like remastering the 78 series, and put it on Blu-Ray. Both the original series and have a remastered new version on there as well. Couple of documentaries going into the remastering process, intereviews with Larson and co etc.

If the new BSG movie made and still fails somehow (ala Superman Returns), at least the newly remastered BSG classic series would be available for old fans and a new generation to enjoy!

I just keep thinking back to how Singer doing Superman Returns allowed Warners to say yes to putting out the 'Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut'. Smart thinking allowed the lost cut to be put together (rather poorly in a way) but get out to the commercial market and "S" fans. Same thing could happen should the Galactica theatrical movie get underway in a year or two, with alot of steam!

Let one BSG project venture, support the other Blu-Ray DVD related one. Seeing as they have similar end goals.

Think many examples should be used to sell the idea to Universal right now! And tell'em all that, money needs to be spend, in order to make alot more of it back. Everything from your Fanedits DK to this fantastic 'Space 2099' fanedited re-invention, could be used as a selling point in retropect. CFF should seriously consider campaigning for it, when the Singer BSG movie gets going.

Far as CGI being too much distraction. I'd hope not, but i can't lie to you guys, i'd still want to see a high-end SE remastering of classic BSG though. Think Adywan's Star Wars re-edits are a prime example of the right balance being struck, of plenty digital effects and touchups, blended with the same model SFX's taking centre stage.

Excellent discussions. Laters gentlemen!

KJ

P.S. Make this thread a **sticky** please!