View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #56
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Not sure I'd go with that theory because I got the impression this was someone who spent yahrens in the prison, and I just can't envision Iblis wasting his time for yahrens doing something like that.

My preferred theory is a lost Earth astronaut (in my adaptation I had him sketching an American flag as well) who whether by a black hole or some other phenomena ended up in that part of space with all other comrades dead and when found by humans speaking a language totally alien to him, was rendered in a state of traumatized shock that kept him silent the rest of his life and that his sketching was his way of keeping his sanity during his remaining years.

That's my basic core theory, and the nice thing is it still gives me tons of flexibility to explore further, though its the kind of mystery that is often best left not fully explained.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote