View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #5
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Big Grin

Hi Lara,

I've wanted one of those plan storage things for a long time. New ones cost $1000 though! They would be great for greeblies but what I wanted them for was Michael's art. I wanted to be able to store it flat in a safe place where it couldn't get damaged. I found a used one on eBay one time for a great price, but I would have had to drive all the way to Texas to pick it up (about 6 hours)... I actually thought about it seriously!

Yes, there are definitely space wars going on in this house. The main reason is because the space isn't being used correctly. The other reason is that we have too much stuff that we don't use and we just need to get rid of it. Within the past few months I have gone through closets and drawers and have gotten rid of about 4 boxes of stuff, so that's a start. I like to be tidy and organized but don't have the energy to keep everything in its place anymore. I used to.

I also have a storage area behind my carport that Michael has turned into a shop for doing the messy Dremel work and stuff. It has electricity so that he can have light and now a heater running. There isn't A/C in there, but Michael is very heat tolerant. Our dogs like for him to work out there so that they can visit him and lay on pillows. They have a doggy door that lets them in the house, but we have a baby gate up so that they can't get past the laundry room. They tend to do sneaky "drive-by" peeing in certain areas if we let them run free all over the house. One of the dogs jumps the gate but we don't care because he's not the one doing the peeing.

We should share pictures of our messy little work areas. It would be a hoot!