View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #10
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Please Post Details About Your Finished FanFilms Here !

Some of you have already seen some clips from my current animation project, but for those who haven't, I am making a CG animated tale called "BattleStar Galactica Wars". It pits the gallant crew of the Battlestar Galactica against the shrewd menace of an Imperial Star Destroyer, The Irrefutable. (And of course, a bunch of Vipers vs a bunch of TIEs).

This is not your typical "fanboy mashup" of differing franchises. There's an actual story to this....and some things may happen which may incense fans of one or the other...or both...LOL!

Let's just say that I do not subscribe to the felgercarb-laden law of "if it didn't happen on screen, it didn't happen" when it comes to this fanfilm. I go by any official documentation I can get my hands on. Sadly, little exists in the way of official docs for Galactica, but there is TONS of info from Lucasfilm Archives, largely in the form of its Star Wars Role Playing Game and supplements, from West End Games, and from companies that acquired the license later. I have to kind of fudge some stuff for the Galactica so it'll be an enjoyable fight to watch.

The story so far is about 35 minutes long, with the footage I've actually put together, but there is tons of other footage I still have made, yet have to add...so it's looking like it might run at least 45 minutes....and if I can really craft the story well enough, it could be a feature length tale. (Over an hour.)