View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #16
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I think it would be a lot of fun.

That thing about Universal saying it's confusing: If I've understood what I was browsing in the DVD aisles, when X2 released there was an animated thing just about Wolverine that hit the shelves as it released. Granted, Tom & Bryan were loyal to the lore so that tie-ins would work, but I do remember thinking of how that was a great way to capitalize on X2 and possibly (not sure because I didn't view the DVD) bring in the younger audience too.

I think it could work to Universal's benefit to give some thought to diversifying on this much neglected property of theirs. Animation could do it easily and still be quality. The voices could be right, though I doubt anime could capture that spark that Dirk gave Starbuck or the more layered, subtle nuances that each cast member brought to their roles. Those can only be captured completely with a live action cast.

Marketing opportunities.....Anime would give you toys and mass-market trading cards, board games, comics, bedroom sets....if the anime were fairly close to the spirit of the old show.
Of course I have a little girl who's waaaaaayyy too young to watch the Spidey movies or even the animated TV shows , but she has a Spiderman umbrella we better not ever lose and loves to let you know when she sees Spidey (and any other character she knows) on any licensed products we might see.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote