TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Excellent points, Eric. However, I do have an alternative to this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
"4) According to Iblis somewhat subtle tale to Baltar in his jail cell. The original Reptillian Cylons fell before the onset of the great war between them and the human. But why does the Count sound like the Cylon's Imperious Leader, or more to the point why does Imperious Leader sound like him? What exactly did Iblis do to the Reptillian Cylons before they fell from grace and were wiped out by their own machines. Offer them wild promises of power did he?!"

I posit that Iblis appeared as a living Cylon and developed the technological breakthrough that led to the development of the Cylon robot which then destroyed the Reptilian Cylons and that a recording of Iblis's voice was used as the essential blueprint for all future Imperious Leader's as a sign of respect since Iblis would in effect be the god-creator if you will in Cylon robot history.
That might be overcomplicating the "devil's role" of Iblis. I submit that Iblis appeared to the Cylons and offered them the same thing he offered the humans - success and victory under his 'leadership'. It was then under his direction that the robotic Cylons were perfected and eliminated their organic makers. The voice of the Imperious Leader was then handed down, generation to generation, from the first Imperious Leader of the mechanical Cylons - Iblis.

My thought, anyway.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote