View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:55 PM   #340
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

I can appreciate the discussion regarding reboot/remake vs. continuation and I have my preferences, but in the end, I'm like Steve and I'd probably go see a film based on the original series on some level in whichever form it gets made.

I understand what Eric means in terms of a continuation-themed story and what it would mean because quite frankly, if the film project turns out to be a "one off" like what happened with Serenity, it would be nice if there was something to give to the fans that waited patiently for a new TOS-themed project. In terms of a reboot/remake, if it doesn't succeed at the box office, then it's just another BSG project with no resolution or hope of ever getting one. It's like having your home rebuilt only to have it destroyed by a natural disaster, which would leave you worse off than when you started.

I know that this "tennis match" discussion is just going to go on and on until there's some kind of an announcement giving a clue as to the direction of the project. Even after such an announcement, there will still be that discussion going, mostly because people still have their druthers even when they've been told they're not getting what they want.

That being said, I don't think that anyone here has one iota of a clue as to what to expect any more than anyone else does. If there's one thing that you can say about the studio exec mind, you'll never be able to get what you expect, or be able to expect what to get either.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote