View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #15
Sarika
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever
There is perhaps something else to ponder. There must have been a reason that the 13th tribe ventured off in an entirely different direction. I do not believe that it was ever explained in the series. Just that they set out on a different course. I wonder why?

Were they instructed to do so by the Beings of Light? Telling all the tribes that one needed to take another path for the sake of their survival. The BoL may have had knowledge of the future and knew the 13th tribe was humanity's "ace in the hole" so to speak? So when the Final Destruction took place, humanity would have a place to go and would have a chance to survive.

Were they political/social outcasts looking for some place better, much like the pilgrams did, to go where they could do...whatever...without being bothered by anyone? This one seems a bit unlikely to me but thought I would toss it out there. If they were outcasts, chances are (knowing human nature) they would not have gotten along with the other 12 tribes. Probably would have been some discord. History is sometimes written by the victors to favor them and their cause. If the 13th tribe were an outcast tribe, would history of the 12 colonies look unfavorably on the 13th tribe? I didn't get that impression from the show. More like a legend or fairytale for sure, but certainly not a negative or condescending one.

Does anyone have any other ideas, comments or thoughts? Just my .02 cubits.
Mon ami, you can throw your .02 cubits or more my way anytime....
But seriously...I always thought the 13th tribe were indeed a revered tribe among the 12 others, a myth and legend to follow, for their survival.
Cerainly not outcasts.

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote