View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #100
Norsehound
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Where Are The Fleets?

It seemed to me while Battlestars had greater fighter capacity (with superior fighters), they didn't have any large-scale armaments visible from afar (like the turbolaser batteries on the flanks of an ISD). Though what about the Pegasus missiles? This kind of thinking is going into fan-war territory but hey, for the purposes of comparisons.

Without her fighters I think raiders have an advantage over a Battlestar if most of her armaments are configured for anti-ship attacks. Five Battlestars and a handful of fighters couldn't fight off several (three?) base-ship's worth of raiders at Cimtar, which has to suggest something. My guess is that the colonials shifted back to a heavy gun mentality after moving into space, as much of our modern earth-bound fighting force relies on fighters.

An interesting thought is why the colonials don't have fighter-based missiles if they have the Pegasus ones. Maybe a case of borrowed technology from another civilization they never developed and fully understood? (VFX is the obvious answer, but it's still something we fans can ponder).
Norsehound is offline   Reply With Quote