View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2004, 11:39 PM   #10
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

It was part of the Tram ride. I remember the guide asking for people to raise their hands if they watched BSG (when it was aired and just after it was cancelled) and recorded the number of people that did at the stop in the middle of the tram tour. Unfortunately, very few people raised their hands back in those days but did enjoy the that part of the ride.

Wish Universal sold the episodes, as aired, and offered them at the concession stands. I always believed the "edited" and "merged episodes" they sold to the public turned off many fans and casual viewers that wanted the full or uncut versions. BSG Fans didn't get their wish until the DVD set came out 25 years later. Think sales of the VHS/BETA tapes back then was a false indication of the interest, popularity, and fan base of the series. Many of my friends were upset over the tapes that were released and considered them ripoffs and not worth buying since so much was cut out. Universal should have taken a page out of the Paramount ST:TOS book and released the episodes as they were originally shown (aired).

Sorry for the editorial.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote