View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM   #8
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: 8.9 earthquake off Japanese Noreastern coast

To All concerned,
Personally, I am well and am much too far inland (approx. 7-10 miles) to be affected by any potential threat from this tsunami. The thoughts from members here at Fleets is much appreciated.
Everything held up rather well here in San Diego, and for that matter the Southern California area. We had a tidal surge that did do some damage to a bait barge in Mission Bay (our rather large local beach park area). It broke loose and slightly damaged some boats at one of the local marinas. No other issues were reported.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this natural disaster. I fear the fatalities might be fairly high in Japan due to the tsunami. I hope to God I'm wrong.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote