View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #19
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Steve "Stevew" Wilson - Memories

Like John, my initial encounters with Steve were in my early days at Fleets when all that I knew was that I loved Galactica. Even though, I knew nothing about CGI and the types of artwork that could be produced with a simple computer, Steve welcomed me like a good host would and encouraged me to enjoy myself here. It didn't matter that I was not an artist. I was welcomed because I was simply another person who enjoyed Galactica.

As a green, wet-behind-the-ears online newbie, I can't adequately describe how much that meant to me.

Before we had the Gallery open for business, I used to venture to Renderosity and view the pics there. As with John, I was spellbound by Steve's work. It looked so real, I felt like I could just reach out and touch it.

His willingness to share his knowledge was especially impressive to me. I can look at a number of posts where the underlying thought is "if there is anything I can do to help, let me know" or "take what you need, if it will help you". He truly enjoyed his work and wanted to share that joy with others.

His wonderful presence will be sorely missed and my life is a little less rich than it was last week.

Be at peace and enjoy your rest, my friend.

Rest In Peace

Steve Wilson

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote