View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2003, 06:53 AM   #20
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default Cancelation

I agree that the worst thing to happen to BG was its initial cancelation.

However, BG was a source of constant struggle and internal shakeups. The departure of Colla and his grand Battlestar fleet being one of the first of many "changes" in BG. It seems that many scifi shows suffer from "too many chiefs."

The various attempts to resurrect BG can be considered bad things too, in a way. Instead of creating one path that fans can rally behind or despise. The various comics, books, and even Hatch's courageous efforts have overloaded the continuity and relatively small fan base.

BG lacks the recent Star Wars liscences that insist on maintaining continuity. While some of the Star Wars work has hardly been good, it does not have the blatant conflicts rampant in Star Trek's continuity. I would prefer that BG would maintain one storyline but most of the "liscensed" works conflict to almost a Star Trek degree.

Moore's vision is merely another nail in the coffin of BG's continuity. I would like BG to recieve the same detail and care evident in most of the Star Wars, Babylon5, and even Stargate productions. However it lacks the support of those influential enough in Hollywood to prevent this.

While Moore's efforts are bad and misguided, they are merely the latest in a long line of "changes" suffered by a fiction with truly epic potential.
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote