View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2014, 06:13 AM   #92
PaulGTweed
Warrior

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
^^^ It might indeed be a more uplifting path for BSG to take.

As light-hearted as TOS BSG was compared to NuBSG, having the entirety of the human race experience a "holocaust" of any kind is rather heavy material, in either version. I think many people may be getting fatigued with "darkness" and "grittiness" in their shows. I know I am to an extent.

Perhaps they should take it in a completely different direction after briefly retelling the original story and not dwelling on it as much, or rather, more deeply exploring the profound implications of the "grand plan" that the Beings of Light have set humanity on, and the efforts of Count Iblis to undermine it while executing a "grand plan" of his own for the Cylons. TOS never got the opportunity to explore the rich tapestry that was quietly being woven into the fabric of the plot for various reasons. I think it is now time to do just that!
This plot I like! It gives the producers a chance to bring in new characters and new plot twists instead of rehashing what has already been done. I nominate Alan Rickman for Count Iblis!
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote