View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2003, 05:15 PM   #19
jjrakman

Default For Two Brained

I have to agree with you there is that aspect among the Ancient Astonaut supporters, but also on the side of orthodox there is an unwillingness to listen that creates a kind of friction between camps, when they should probably be working together to see if there really is anything to it all.

The Best example I can think of is the reception of Robert Schoch's redating of the Great Sphinx. He is a an expert in the erosion of Soft Stones such as the material which the Sphinx is made of. He comes from the University of Boston and is quite respected in his field as a geologist. He simply stated that the erosion patterns seem to indicate that the Sphinx is much older than presently thought by orthodoxy. He was not trying to say that it was built by Atlanteans, r men from Mars, yet he was met with a pretty beligerent reaction from theorthodox community. I think that's kind of a shame.

But in any case they are definietly enjoyable to read, At the most for trying to expand your mind to outlandish possibilities, and at the least for a good story.