View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2005, 07:39 AM   #7
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
As the story that launched the series, Saga works wonderfully. To me though, there were just two problems within the episode overall as it first aired.

#1-The conduct of other Battlestar commanders. Of course we need to be given the premise of the Galactica as the last surviving battlestar, so everyone else gets wiped out in the opening battle, but realistically wouldn't we have expected to see some of the other commanders, or at least one other put up more of a fight?
This was expanded upon in the novel.

To the best of my recollection: The novel reveals that Baltar had been drugging the president (I believe it was a mind control drug, thus explaining the president's odd behaviour) and just prior to the fleet's arrival at the rendevous point every Battlestar's compliment of warriors were sent, compliments of Baltar of course, drug laced ambrosia. Adama (or Tigh, I forget which) refused the cargo shuttles permission to lang aboard Galactica, because he felt it was NOT appropriate, thus averting disaster.

Baltar was really one evil bass turd in the novel. Of course in all versions, even the comic book, I beleive Baltar is duely rewarded with a double cross.
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote