View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #58
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
yes Star Trek was a product of its time and was still reworked as it has a massive fan base for it to appeal too.
The massive fan base already existed. I'm not buying the argument that this was what was needed to rejuvenate interest in Trek anymore than I'd buy the argument that tampering with the original SW trilogy was needed to rejuvenate interest and appreciation for those films. When we can see movies from the 30s still have long-term appeal *exactly* the way they were first made, we should have enough faith in the storytelling ability of the originals in Sci-Fi to do the same. Because to do otherwise is to suggest somehow that the contributions of the actors/writers and director is somehow less important to the strength of the material than the FX. For me, Galactica's long-term reasonance is rooted entirely in my greater appreciation for what was done in the storytelling beyond the FX that was done in the best possible way for the time it was made in but which needed those other elements to stand out.

Quote:
Lucas did create Indiana Jones films also very successful along with Star Wars. and other stories too . so I donĀ“t agree with this
Without Spielberg, I doubt very much those end up to be big moneymakers. The bottom line is that if Lucas were really such a great creative genius he would have kept writing and directing more works of great originality over a 25 year span than what does have his name on it. Cecil B. DeMille he isn't.

Quote:
I respect your opinion on the subject but I still think as it stands it will hurt it in the future .. and will look dated compared to the epic story. I think it started to hurt now . as I watched it again today and I still think it needs new effects ...
As things turned out, "Miracle On 34th Street" and "It's A Wonderful Life" didn't need colorization to endure as classics. If we really have faith in what Galactica was able to do on its own, then let the work stand on its own like all other films and TV shows are supposed to do. Sci-Fi does not deserve to be treated as a separate category from all other genres of cinematic storytelling.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote