View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #9
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I just would much prefer to see a new set of stories start from a clean slate of building off of where we were left hanging. I'm just not that interested in what happened in between episodes.

Besides, doing stuff in-between episodes means there can't be anything of what I'd like to see most, which is further developing character relationships from where they were at the end of the show. The writer inevitably has to be hamstrung into making sure that at the end of the story he isn't jumping the gun on matters that's going to screw up the credibility of an actual episode that takes place later, or worse still he doesn't have any awareness of the sequence of the episodes and writes a story that couldn't possibly be reconciled to the events in-between (plus there's the fact that in an in-between story, there's not much in the way of suspense to grip me since I know where everything is supposed to be at which point).

That's just my take. I think frankly going this route saps whatever enthusiasm I might have had for this, because it means I'm not going to see a story in an official publication I can latch onto.

Oh, and thanks Pegasus4 for the kind word on the VS.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote