View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:32 PM   #6
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: J.J. Abrams to direct Star Wars 7

Yeah, I think even he admitted he may have carried the lens flare a bit too far for the last movie.

He won't be surrounded by a lot of his Bad Robot alumni for Star Wars like he was for Star Trek, so who knows how far his creative input beyond directorial status will be carried....I don't think it'll be as extensive as it was for Star Trek.

Actually, a large part of the reason that JJ accepted was because he'd heard that Lawrence Kasdan was one of two folks involved, who were responsible for the success of Empire Strikes Back. Saddens me I can't remember the other guy's name....but it was reported that JJ went through the roof when he heard they were involved.

Good Lord, I just love reading the fanboy tripe about how the latest Trek was nothing like "the true spirit of Star Trek". (It wasn't intelligent or boring enough). The beauty of science fiction (especially in a universe as diverse as Star Trek) is that it can mean many different things to many different people. The same can be said for ANY sci-fi or space fantasy show, book, or movie.