View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #12
CaptainTux
Warrior

Clone....ancient history forum speak.

Yes, I have noticed you are a fan of Mr Hatch. Trying to make the world a better place is important. Too many of us allow life's events to make us bitter and jaded. I have found sci fi fans to be more optimistic and idealistic. Me? Suffice it to say life has hammered me and in my path I have seen the worst humanity has to offer and the worst I have to offer has always been held at bay. If what I have experienced was all there was for me, if this was all that life could be, I would not be able to go on. Life has to be better than this, society has to be better than this, we as a culture have to be better. There is an ideal. Being an idealist gives one a goal, a target. Even if I never see it, at least I aimed for something. At least I gave my last breath clawing and scratching for it never giving up hope that it is there. At least I lived my life on the high road and left this dump a little cleaner than it was when I get here. At least I (hopefully) will have inspired my daughter to be greater than the sum of her parts and know love and have a strong foundation laid to build whatever kind of life she wants for herself.

Tux
CaptainTux is offline   Reply With Quote