View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #19
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I think I was responding to the Adama in Saga primarily.

In no way does he lie about Earth or where Earth might be, in his speech after the assembling of the rag tag fleet he pretty much lays it on the line and they follow his plan because no one's got an alternative (except Sire Uri later on, which to put it mildly isn't viable!) and he's the commander of the fleet, president, leader of the last remnants of humanity.

Also I think employing subterfuge to fool an enemy to gain a tactical advantage and potentially NOT exterminate you is pretty much not a lie.

Calling battle stations drill also isn't a lie, he's the commander of a battlestar, he can call a battle stations drill whenever the hell he likes.

The Siress Belloby thing could be construed as a lie I think, but I'd just point out who seems to be on the wrong side of it from the get go!

Lying to a being who is the devil incarnate and wants to posess everyone's soul. Yep, I'll allow that one as well.

I don't think at any point in the series does Adama put himself or his personal needs before anyone else's in the entire series.

He's a man of moral fortitude, a kind and loving father/grandfather/friend/subsitute father/father figure who is noble and true. And they couldn't have picked a better person to play him than Lorne Greene!

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote