View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2018, 01:58 PM   #140
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

Let's face it alas. Anytime the name "Battlestar Galactica" gets associated with any potential project it will always be for these people in reference to the other entity and will be made according to the standards and templates of the other entity. As far as I'm concerned, that's less than worthless.

Painful as it is for Galactica fans to admit this, we lost the war for what Galactica means and represents to the people who hated the original and shoved the other entity down our throats and guaranteed that "their" version would become the default meaning of what Galactica is. I accepted that sad reality long ago and it made it easier for me to move on and why I wouldn't let myself ever get enthused about any potential project again because it's not going to be what any of us, all those long years ago when fandom was at its peak in the late 90s, ever thought would happen.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote