TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Re: Lang has updated his Galactica Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST View Post
We should introduce them to each other.

I think if we did that, the universe might explode.

Wow, Eric. Bad times. Sounds more like my experiences with Ted Gorospe than Lang, although the parallels with all three are pretty unsettling.

I've really tried to wonder what could anyone who acts this way think they were accomplishing. The destroy at all costs attitude boggles my mind, especially when its centered around something like the JFK assassination or reputation of Battlestar Galactica. In our own way, we are all rabid fanboys but the freakish level of Lang, Ted, and this Daniel guy is baffling. Part of me would love to have some magic mechanism to take people like this and force them to evaluate everything they do and then answer (1) What is it you really want?, (2) Do you think your actions are getting you there, and (3) Is all of this really worth the portion of your life you're sacrificing to get it.

Surely to some degree, these questions are universal for any fan, especially those who dwell on BBoards as most of us do but there comes a certain time when defending the answers must seem so extreme, even to a wack-job like Lang, that some sort of safety valve in the brain should activate.

... and yet, somehow, it never does.

Russell