View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #77
KJ
Strike Leader

Cool

Hi Eric, as i stated though the ones on the DVD were somewhat "RAW" i'm sure the Telemovie version of LL had the completed scenes. Didn't mean they weren't on the disc though. Whoever did the DVD's extras should be thanked, but i'm saying they could have at least stored the footage in the right places is all, as the deleted scenes section on the DVD's also has bloopers/and unused alternate shots and unused takes.

Quote:
It would be nice, but I’m not waiting for a re-release or a "director's cut". Working with the DVD material and the soundtracks, I just started ripping to “Lucas-ize” TOS. I plan to re-edit the entire series, inserting and moving scenes to include more of the good stuff they cut out, and (hopefully) fixing some of the continuity errors and disconnects that exist. My partner in crime and I are kicking around whether or not leave it in series format, or present it in miniseries format, in two-hour chunks. If we can find some help with digital animation (neither of us is too familiar, and I don’t want to take the time to learn) that doesn’t look too different from the footage originally shot, we want to add and clean up some FX shots, including some interiors such as hanger bay shots, etc.
Good on ya Justackransom!

Don't be too ashamed, as there are plenty of fan movies out there and more Battlestar Galactica ones the better! There are several The Pegasus survives movies out there yours would be no different. and several fan trailers and fan movies floating out on the net (for non-profit) DO EXIST so in that respect, yeah more power to you.

Watching the series again there are editing "flubs" i wish were corrected. Apollo and Boomer drawing there guns in LL and the earlier first meeting with Cain; should be as it was in Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack not cut up and all. i only hope several of the old telemovies like LPOTG turn up.

That and Universal clearing up the old WOTG's Cloven Hooves footage mystery. How hard would it be for Larson to have said on the DVD's It just don't exist anymore?.

Ah well, all the best to ya doing your extended versions.

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote