COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Hey, BST - see you made Warrior Ace. Congrats.

Senmut, my criticism of Maren's acting is the same as I would make for most of the supporting actors - not enough creative support, too much pressure from the network.

Having said that, remember what else I said - she was a newcomer to the craft. Lord knows I could not do it any better; I'm a writer, not an actor. But I am a viewer, and I know good acting when I see it. So do you. Our criteria may be slightly different (beauty in the eye of the beholder, and all that), but we all know it.

Unfortunately, Maren's performances did not often stick in my mind - and RGrant is right as to why. Don't get me wrong - she certainly stuck in my mind, and I can't really see anyone else in the role. It's sad that she never had the opportunity to really show if she had any talent, if she'd learned the acting craft, and I genuinely blame ABC for that. If only it had continued into a second season.

Her acting career was poisoned by that lack of opportunity. The perception became that she could not act, so the only roles she was offered were for parts that exploited her physicality, not her acting ability.

She has disappeared. Apparently, even Richard Hatch can't find her.

I certainly hope she's well and happy.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote